With over a decade of experience, Handmade in Britain can offer expert support to new and established designer-makers through group workshops and one-to-one mentoring. We provide invaluable business advice and practical support.
We are here to support designer-makers
Our one-to-one mentoring sessions constructed to provide designer-makers with specially tailored advice and guidance to address the needs of their businesses. Each session is one hour in duration and can be booked as a stand-alone session, or a course, to suit an individual’s needs.
Handmade in Britain’s mentoring programme is suitable for designer-makers from all disciplines and at any stage in a career.
Each session is directed by an individual’s requirements and the needs of each specific business. An applicant may wish to consider the following areas, but sessions are by no means prescriptive:
Design development, commercial considerations in creative design, product pricing strategy, tips and advice on sourcing materials, product development and market awareness.
Creating a business plan, financial planning, identifying target markets, moving to the next level in business, international development, outsourcing and other relevant topics.
Promotion and publicity specific to an individual’s brand/product, creative ways of inexpensive marketing, use of social media relevant to an individual’s brand, trade and retail shows, promotion strategies.
Sessions are currently held on Mondays to Fridays (exc. bank holidays).
Sessions are held in central London. For your convenience, online consultations are also available on request.
To register your interest in Handmade in Britain business mentoring, please complete this online form.
Handmade in Britain provides outstanding workshops addressing all aspects of a designer-maker’s career. Drawing on over a decade of experience, and access to the industry’s leading experts, we create tailor-made workshops to suit the needs of individuals and organisations.
Marketing, branding, pricing, expressing oneself in business, expanding horizons, taking a business to the next level, one-to-one mentoring, event planning, creative direction, honing a brand, sharing a designer-maker’s unique voice, communication skills, how to apply for events.
'How to market and sell your products in the most effective way' on Tuesday 19 June 2018, 2 - 5pm.
Price per delegate: £45 + VAT (or £55 + VAT to include a 15-page workbook to take away.)
Whether you are running a creative business or have recently launched your brand, understanding how to market and sell your products in the most effective way is absolutely crucial to your success. There is so much advice available already but how do you know that it’s specific to your brand? We have created a highly informative, interactive and impactful masterclass to help you and your business in your next steps. We will teach you necessary skills and give you tools which you can immediately apply to your business and start seeing its benefits. We will also cover strategies specifically designed for designers/makers related to brand communication, PR, marketing and sales.
1. BRAND PRESENCE AND PHOTOGRAPHY OVERVIEW:
• Understanding the importance of developing a clear brand presence that can compete in a marketplace. This includes creating a strong brand voice and communication (visual and written format)
• Ensuring that product offer fits well within your product category / market positioning (based on similar products, pricing and customer service)
• Photography preparation and execution that reflects brand voice and ethos.
2. MARKETING YOUR BRAND STORY OVERVIEW:
• Understanding the importance of creative and inexpensive marketing through an exceptional, well-considered and realistic marketing plan
• PR (online – social media strategies and offline – networking, collaborations etc) including writing press releases and tips on pitching to press and collaborators.
3. SALES STRATEGIES OVERVIEW:
• Developing a clear and concise collection with the right sales strategy
• Understanding the importance of margins and having the flexibility to implement promotional strategies and taking advantage of seasonal promotional activities.
To register for an upcoming workshop, please complete this online form.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.